The Practice is delighted to have been asked to present to a group of visiting Chinese officials on Monday the 27th of October at the Town and Country Planning Association. The twenty Chinese delegates, largely from Guangzhou’s Zengcheng District, are local government officials working in the areas of water, planning, land resources and environmental bureaus. The presentation will focus on the Practice’s specialist expertise of designing with water. Baca projects that will be discussed include:
– The award-winning LifE Project (Long-term Initiatives for Flood risk Environments) for DEFRA
– Flood resilient typologies, including our Amphibious House, Elevated House and Hybrid House
– Island Veur Lent, Netherlands – Holland’s most ambitious room for the River Project, designed by Baca and Winner of Best Global Masterplan at MIPIM 2014
– Zac Seine, Paris – the Practice’s proposals for a France’s largest new scheme, a flood resilient district of 4,500 new units and a new park.
– Future City, Shanghai – a life study for a speculative city of £1 billion in Shanghai featured in our new book, ‘Aquatecture‘, published by RIBA Publishing in the New Year